GNNSJ India was registered in 2007 under The Indian Trust Act, 1882 (vide registration number 3.584/2007) and is also registered under section 12A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 (vide registration number DEL – PR20141-21072009).
Our full objects are provided in clauses 3.0 to 3.7 and 4.0 to 4.12 of our trust deed. A summary is provided here, under 5 headings (A-E):
A. Endeavour to address the contemporary issues and future challenges faced by humanity such as extremism, conflict, poverty, exploitation, injustice, education, health, environment, etc.
B. Sarbhat da Bhalla (Social Welfare for all irrespective of caste, creed or colour)
- Make provision in the interest of social welfare, of facilities for recreation, or other leisure times occupation with the object of improving the conditions in life for the persons forwhom the facilities are primarily intended that is to say members of the Sikh and wider community and who have the need of such facilities by reason of their youth, infirmity, disablement or social economic circumstances.
- Assist the Public (without reference to caste, creed or colour) with poverty relief, educational assistance, disaster / calamities relief, and the advancement of welfare and any other objective of general public utility.
C. Intra and Inter-faith co-operation
- Practice and propagation of the Sikh Dharam.
- Respect cultural differences while celebrating our common humanity. Promoting intra and inter-faith co-operation, cultivating harmony amongst religious, non-religious and spiritual communities.
D. Commitment to Environment and Heritage Sites Conservation
- Cherish, protect, heal and restore the Earth and all life on it – i.e. environmental protection.
- Engage in conservation, restoration and development of sacred heritage sites – i.e. heritage conservation, restoration and extension.
E. Support and help in developing self-reliance amongst the needy
- Capacity Building: Helping to impart industrial, commercial, technical, scientific, medical, cultural training to needy persons.
Provided that all the objects stated above shall be carried out without any restrictions to caste, community or colour and that no objects stated shall be carried on with the purpose of making any profit.